Wednesday 29 August 2012

At the Airport

I'm now two hours from boarding and a little giddy at the airport. My backpack is less than 14 pounds, though I have to admit it feels a little heavy... nothing a little more training won't fix, it's okay I can start on Friday :-).
I don't think I have ever packed so little for so long, in fact, I think I usually carry more when I go away for the weekend. A big thanks to all who helped me to choose my belongings with care.
Many people ask, why do the Camino? At this stage, I am ready for the physical and mental challenge of the pilgrimage. Walking each day, carrying the pack will allow me to find my strength, I will not put words to the alternative. Living without the routine of my charmed life (friends, food, running, community) will open my thoughts to new ways of thinking. This is my hope, to learn something new of myself by engaging with my surroundings, while being outside of my comfort zone.
Thank you for the many well wishes I have received. You will be in my thoughts, willing me on!
Warmest regards,
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. So nice to see some words from you. Thank you for sharing your blog. I think it's great insight shared here that this journey will definitely help get to know yourself outside your comfort zone. But like running, as you said in your first post, breath and focus. Share that patience you do with so many while running and turn it inward! You are strong! You are an athlete! :) Thinking of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete