Wednesday 5 September 2012

Cizur Menor to Cirauqui

Hola! Yesterday's 30 km trek across delightful countryside, up some very steep hills was excellent. I took a 3 km diversion to visit a 12th century Octagonal church, still in use, totally worth the extra kms. One last big climb into the town and I was relieved to be there. Once I entered the arches into the walled town I laughed when I saw nothing but steep cobblestone streets leading up to the alburgue.   Apparently I did have a few more hills left in me. It was worth the climb. The alburgue had colorful floor tiles, bright colors and great mattresses. The host made an excellent dinner served in the basement rooms, beautiful stone walls and art work. Spinach soup (yumm, something green) and pasta with a specially made cheese omelette for the vegetarians among us. Topped with a Spanish dessert that tasted like a slightly sour custard, I think it helped me to sleep like a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment